Cradle of Persia is a puzzle game, which recreates the Persia Empire with a very nice interface and music. The objective of Cradle of Persia is to create matches of three in a row (or more), by clicking on adjacent tiles to swap them. The game provides a board of tiles with different icons on them.
Most of the icons are flowers and coins. When you create the match, those tiles disappear and the tiles above them fall down. The holes created are automatically occupied by new tiles.
Some of the tiles give you resources, such as gold, supplies and food. You have to collect the three types of resources in order to buy buildings for your city.
When you first enter the game, you’ll see the welcome screen and you’ll be asked for a player name. In addition, the following options are shown:
- Change user: the first time there’s no existing player. After you create one or more, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Play: this option leads you to the “chronicles of Persia” selection screen. Actually, the first time you play, the only choice available is “Achaemenid Empire”. The other chronicles are: Hellenistic Persia, Parthian Empire, Land of Aladdin, Sassanid Empire, Turkish Rule and Mongol Rule.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options, like sound volume, music volume, full screen mode, and mouse sensitivity.
- Exit: no further explanation required.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Pause/Menu button to access to a pop-up menu with these options:
- Main menu: it leads you back to the main menu.
- Return to game: you go back to the game.
- Help: it leads you to the cards-style help.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
- Windows Vista, XP, 2000.
- CPU: Pentium III 1GHz, or better.
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Graphics card: 32 MB, Direct3D Compatible
- DirectX: 8.1 or higher.